Friday, May 29, 2009

Tag...I'm it!



I love these little surveys, haha. My sister recently tagged me so here we go!!

_what is your current obsession?_
*nutella - a spoonful here and there, but if I'm making crepes i'll go crazy with it!
*blockles

















_what is your weirdest obsession?_

*i like to imitate my birds when I talk to my sister. "meh meh mehhh!! bep bep!!" lol, crazy we are.





_Starbucks or Peet's?_
*Either one. Every coffee chain seems the same to me, but for sure I prefer 'ca phe sua da' (Vietnamese iced coffee), either home-dripped or from a cafe.










_what's for dinner?
_
*'thit kho heo voi trung' (Vietnamese braised pork with eggs). one of my favorite dishes! we still have lots of herbs and lettuce, so i'll probably eat it spring roll style. oohhh yeahhhh!






_what would you eat for your last meal?
_
*my two favorite foods in the whole wide world, noodle soups (bun bo hue, chinese/viet egg noodles, ramen) and pizza!







_what was the last thing you bought?
_
*a grande iced coffee from charbucks, $1.95. milk, slightly sweetened. it tastes ok, kinda watery, should've asked for some hazelnut. icanhasflavur?








_what are you listening to right now?_
*my window's open, so it's just suburban ambiance; slight breeze, birds chirping, kids playing, planes overhead, dog barking, lawn mowers mowin' (or 'mow lawner' as my sister would say, haha!)


_what is your favorite ice cream flavor?
_
*i couldn't decide between pistachio and amaretto gelato...but luckily i found THIS awesome combination on flickr!!
*i'm always down for some yogurtland green tea froyo too!










_what do you think of the person(s) who tagged you?_
*who, this girl?? lol. she's my sister. we go through our ups and downs. here's when she made me really mad and i pushed her down the stairs, lol. jk





_if you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
*at this moment, i REALLY REALLY want pizza. so perhaps for the next hour, i'd like to be transported to naples, italy, for some delicious pizza margherita!






_which language do you want to learn?_
*i'd like to be fluent in vietnamese. i'm less capable of conversing than a kindergartner =( [i know, i flunked kindergarten-level vietnamese...but then again, i ditched nearly every class. =|]
*today i checked out a "teach yourself french!" audiobook when i went to pick up some books i had on reserve. so i'll be teachin' myself some french this summer for fun! oui oui!





_what's your favorite quote (for now)?_
*lol, the first thing that popped into my head is a line from "Sweet Home Alabama" with Reese Witherspoon. At the end, she requests a song and says to "make it a slow one," and then freakin' "Sweet Home Alabama," which is an upbeat song, starts playing. My sister and i were wtf'd when we saw that.



_what is your favorite colour?_
*red!


_what is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?_
*probably the only cardigan that i own (grey, from express). i like wearing it with a tank top or wife-beater underneath.


_what is your dream job?_
*anything that doesn't take over my life or bores me to death. lets me be creative.

_what is your worst habit?_
*procrastination

_if you had £100 now, what would you spend it on?_
*whas das, like $200? damn, probably spend it on my health insurance bill. haha
*but for something fun...probably a new external hard drive and The Sims 3 (i see you rolling your eyes at me!)



_do you admire any one's style?_
*hmm, sorta-kinda-generally this type
*i really like my sister's look of the day today.










_describe your personal style?_
*broke college-grad. mix of stuff from undergrad/entry-level-workforce-yet-unemployed/hand-me-downs/casual

_what are you going to do after this?_
*work on a slideshow for a family member and homework. but first, dinner!




_what are your favourite movies?
_
*my sister and i LOVE "Best in Show." Silly parodies like the "Scary Movie" series, comedies such as "Deuce Bigalow" and "White Chicks." Recent ones that I've enjoyed are "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," "Slumdog Millionaire" was ok. Hmm, drawing up blanks now. Oh yeah, Lifetime movies.







_what is your favorite fruit?_
*strawberries and pineapple. i love these in an icy smoothie.
*clementines
*mangoes





_what inspires you?_
*artists, travelers, creative internet personalities


_your favorite book?_
*i really enjoyed "The Loved One" in high school.
*books by John Steinbeck
*books about food














_do you collect something?_
*my browser bookmarks are full of interesting websites

*in the past, i've collected sanrio stuff, state quarters, pokemon cards (not for fun, for profit. lol), comic trading cards, converse and vans shoes (not sure if that counts. it's not like i had over 100 pairs, haha).









_what is your favorite smell?_
*freshly baked bread and coffee


_what are you most proud of?_
*i don't really know, this question makes me feel unaccomplished. haha.
*i suppose...surviving 1.5 years in the Midwest? =\


_during your childhood, what's the best outfit you've put together by yourself_
* ~4 yrs old. flamenco-ish outfit with a Robocop sticker and firefighter helmet. Balloons to tie it all together. I am majorly confused about this get-up.


















_cats or dogs?_
*dogs!
our late dog, robin, aka: bean bong

I'm not tagging anyone, but if you'd like to do this feel free! Just let me know and I'll put a link to your post.


here are the rules:
1. respond and rework; answer the question on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your invention, add more one question of your own.
2. tag eight other people, if you'd like

4 comments:

steph said...

lol your answers cracked me up! except you stole 1/2 of my pictures! i can't believe not only did you PUSH me down a flight of stairs, but you also recorded and posted it, rude! haha.

good job on surviving 1.5yrs in the midwest, you've definitely one-upped me on that one. =P

Francie. said...

hahaha. i love that image of falling down the stairs. it made my day.

Christine D. said...

Steph - I am finally responding to your comment because I have a new post! "Something new to read =)" haha.

Francie. - Lol, I'm glad that it made your day! If you're ever feeling down, feel free to come back to that pic.

Wrecked Stellar said...

Great answers- Robin was adorable :)